Homeopathic remedies have been around for centuries, so we have a large knowledge base about “what works” for various ailments. If you take the time to learn more about homeopathy and dosage amounts, you can even treat common everyday problems yourself. For more severe problems or chronic pain, it’s a good idea to follow the advice of your homeopathic doctor before using natural supplements or treatments. Here are # examples of common homeopathic remedies.
- Arnica (Mountain Daisy): This is one of the top homeopathic remediesused by athletes. Taken in pill form, it can reduce pain and speed the muscle healing process involved with heavy exercise or injuries. Topical arnica can be applied to sprains, strains and bruises to speed up healing naturally.
- Allium Cepa (Onion): If you’ve ever chopped up a strong onion, you’ve experienced the power of allium cepa to get your tear ducts and sinuses working. This remedy is commonly used to treat colds or hay fever. It can especially soothe the nasal passages when you’re suffering from a burning sinus discharge.
- Chamomilla (Chamomile): The chamomile herb is one of the most common natural sleep aids you’ll find. It’s also the top remedy to help relax a baby when he’s teething and colicky.
- Hypericum (St. John’s Wort): John’s wort is frequently used to treat nerve injuries. It can also help to relieve pain in body parts that are rich in nerves, such as the fingertips, toes and back. Any time a person suffers an injury that involves shooting pain, St. John’s wort can be tried as a homeopathic remedy.
- Magnesia Phosphorica (Phosphate of Magnesia): Cramping pains can be treated with this natural cure. Phosphate of magnesia is frequently used in the treatment of severe menstrual cramps.
- Nux Vomica (Poison Nut): Indigestion and stress are two common ailments that can be alleviated with poison nut. Heartburn, gas, vomiting or constipation can all be relieved by this homeopathic remedy.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans (Windflower): Pulsatilla is one of the oldest known homeopathic remedies. It’s useful for treating hormonal issues in women, from premenstrual syndrome to the hot flashes associated with menopause. Pulsatilla can also relieve digestive problems.
- RhusToxicodendron (Poison Ivy): Poison ivy in pellet form can be used to treat rashes, including chicken pox, dermatitis and eczema. Sprains, strains and tendinitis also respond well to treatment with this powerful remedy.
Homeopathic remedies can offer treatment for common ailments without the associated side effects of chemical pharmaceuticals. We provide the highest quality supplements that we can find at Forrest Health, to ensure that your recovery goes as smoothly and quickly as possible. Explore our many homeopathic remedies to find the treatment you’re looking for or call us at (408) 354-4262 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Forrest.